Pearce Lumber in Ruston carries a complete line of lumber & building materials for any size project. Whether you’re doing a simple remodel or from the ground up construction Pearce has the material you need. We pride ourselves on the quality and selection of our products.
At Pearce Lumber our specialty is treated lumber, we carry only the highest grade. Our #1 grade KDAT (kiln dried after treatment) lumber is
treated with a copper-based preservative and an efficacious fungicide, making it ideal for applications including decks, retaining walls, fences, picnic tables, planter boxes, walkways, sill plate and structural members. It comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
You can learn more about Wolmanized treated wood products here.
Why Choose Wolmanized® Lumber?
• It’s real wood, not a piece of pvc.
• Protected against termites & fungal decay by copper azole preservative.
• Meets model building codes, industry standards & EPA regulations.
• Limited Lifetime Warranty.
• Built-in Stabilyzer® additive for moisture protection when good appearance desired.
• NAHB Green Approved product.
• Backed by the Good Housekeeping Seal.
Wolmanized® Outdoor® wood is a Green Approved product of the NAHB Research Center, and the dispersed copper treatment process is certified by SCS as Environmentally Preferable. It is a natural and environmentally responsible choice. A life cycle analysis confirms the environmental benefits of Wolmanized wood. To top it off, this wood costs less than alternatives such as tropical hardwoods and artificial wood.
Wolmanized® Outdoor® wood extends forest resources, allowing one tree to do the work of many. In addition to enabling wood to last a long time or resist flames or mold, our brands have all of the environmental and other advantages associated with wood itself. For example, our wood:
• Is a renewable resource grown on managed timberlands. Trees remove carbon dioxide from the atmosphere, thus reducing greenhouse gases.
• Requires less energy to produce than alternative building materials; it is made from sunlight and soil nutrients, rather than fossil fuels.
• Offers a greater insulation value than alternatives.
• Is lighter in weight, and can often be installed with lighter equipment which has less environmental impact.
A study conducted by the Consortium for Research on Renewable Industrial Materials (CORRIM) found that wood framed homes top concrete and steel in a life cycle assessment.
“After all, wood is the ultimate sustainable material. Properly harvested, trees grow, get cut down, and are replaced with more trees. Across its life cycle, no building product has lower energy consumption rates. Wood essentially acts as storage for carbon dioxide (even after it is made into construction material), and when recycled as fuel it creates more energy than was used in its production. Plus, people tend to like it.” - Sam Grawe, Editor, Dwell Magazine, April 2008
©2016 Pearce Lumber
Site by: hawkinsphoto.com